Question
Posted by: Lolla | 2006/04/04

Trying for a baby

Please help me I was on the pill for 5 years and I'm off the pill for a year now and since then never had a regular period maybe 3 times through the whole year. I had test done for thyroid and scans for systs everything is fine, for the past 2 months I'm trying to fall pregnant but nothing please tell me even though I didn't had a period constantly for the past 8 months what are my chances of falling pregnant? And is there a change of me falling pregnant with me not having a period at all. Please help me!

There is achance but a very slim one. You are most likely not ovulating regularly and need to see a doctor for a investigations.

4
Posted by: Lolla | 2006/04/06

Thank you so much Nicky I've made the appointment for Friday afternoon, then I will hear what the Dr say maybe I'm also to anxious for a little baby but God knows the best.

Reply to Lolla
Posted by: Nicky | 2006/04/05

No, don't go back onto the pill. See your gynae. He might be able to recommend Clomid to assist in ovulation.

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Lolla | 2006/04/04

Thank you, now tell me how will I get a regular period again do I need to go back on the pill or is there other medication that I need to take.

Reply to Lolla
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/04

You need to have a regular cycle in order to have regular ovulation - without ovulating you cannot fall pregnant. You will need to see your doc so that he can help you get your periods sorted out.
Once you are having a regular normal period, then you can test to see when you ovulate - remember that it it can take up to a year to fall pregnant once your cycle is regular.

Reply to lou