Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2007/11/28

Trying for a 2nd baby

Before I fell pregnant the 1st time, we were trying for 2 years, had 3 procedures done due to endometriosys and systs, were on various hormone treatments to regulate my levels. I then fell pregnant, had a miscarriage and 2 weeks later were pregnant again, gynea weren't sure whether it had been twins.

I now want to try for a second child, and I'm wondering what the chances are of me falling pregnant immediately(within the first 3 months) concidering my history.

Dear Leanne

Fortunately, endometriosis and sometimes a hormonal imbalance, can recover spontaneously after a full term pregnancy and therefore I would believe that your chances at this point should be reasonably good. Should a woman, after one year of unprotected intercourse, fail to fall pregnant, then a full scale investigation is warranted.