Question
Posted by: Myra | 2008/02/04

Trying for 3 years

11 years ago I had an operation for an appendix which had raptured. Two year ago my gynae did a laparoscopy on me and discovered that my left tube was damaged during this appendix operation. He further discovered that my uterus, bladder and lower interstine were attached and he sperated it. Could this appendix operation be the main cause of my infertility? I am asking becasue I still now and then get lower abdmominal pains at the spot where this operation was done.

Dear Myra

This problem is very often noted especially in advanced appendicitis, however one cannot always lay blame on the appendix but should also consider the possibility of subsequent pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) which could present with the same clinical picture.