Question
Posted by: ren | 2007/06/08

trying falling preg

hi in 2002 i was diagnosed with pcos and my husband was told he has a low sperm count. My menstrual cycle then was not regular at all, i was told to take gulcophage at the time which made me very nausea so i discontinued it, without taking anything my menstrual cycle sorted itself out in 2004 now i am as regular as clock work. But still havent been able to concieve. I am 27yrs. I have been to a gynea about a month ago and he did an internal scan and told me that i have no pcos. My question to u is what can i do now because i am really trying. Pls any advice u have I would really appreciate. Thank u

Dear ren

Assuming that other factors such as tubal patenct has been investigated and excluded i will suggest that an attempt should be made to undergo intra-uterine insemination (IUI) due to the low sperm count. This should be done with careful ovulation monitoring and possibly ovulation induction if a higher success rate is desired.
Should 3 attempts at IUI fail than I would suggest moving on to IVF.