Question
Posted by: Sonia | 2005/07/14

Trying again???

Hi all

hubby and i want to try for our 2nd child. i'm not on any contraception and i am breastfeeding. how do i know when is the right time to conceive? i don't have a discharge so can't tell when i am ovulating.

I presume that you are not having periods. This may mean that you are not ovulating yet. If you are having periods, ovulation should occur on Day 14 for a 28 day cycle.

7
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/14

Not enough, so i reckon your chances are pretty good! good luck! i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: Sam2 | 2005/07/14

You stand a good chance - have intercourse every 2nd day and shouldn't be a prob!

Reply to Sam2
Posted by: Sonia | 2005/07/14

i am only breastfeeding my son from 19:00 - 07:00. what do you think?

Reply to Sonia
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/14

from what i have read, the only way that breastfeeding may stop you from falling pregnant is if you are breasfeeding every 3 to 4 hours, day and night.

Reply to Moi
Posted by: Sam2 | 2005/07/14

"New", you obviously don't know what you're talking about - if you can fall pregnant on the pill and injection you call fall pregnant breastfeeding. Know your facts before posting please.

Reply to Sam2
Posted by: Sonia | 2005/07/14

i've heard many stories that you can't rely on b/feeding as a contraception because you can fall pregnant. also, a lady at my hubby's work fell pregnant while breastfeeding and on the mini pill so it is possible.

Reply to Sonia
Posted by: new | 2005/07/14

As far as I know while you are breastfeeding you will not fall pregnant. natures own contraception. good luck

Reply to new