Posted by: sara | 2013/01/16


morning, my hubby and i have been trying to fall pregnant for over a year. i have a history of endo and he had encefilitus and fell at work and injured one of his testicles about a year ago. we saw the gynae in Dec and he said my hubby has a low sperm count and put him on sperma aid and staminogro and told me i''ll have to go for another laparoscopy (my 5th) once we figure out whats wrong with hubby. he referred us to an urologist and he also did a blood test, which came back normal and he said my hubby must continue with the meds, however, according to the urologist it takes min 5 months for the pills to start working...he has been on the meds for a month. do you suggest i also start using staminogro? when do you suggest i go for the laparoschopy as i believe you are quite fertile after the op? i am turning 38 in june and hubby turns 37 in april. i dont smoke but i''m overweight, hubby smokes. both of us are now trying very hard to be healthier as we heard this also helps with conceiving. i missed my period, for the first time ever, this December, i did a blood test and it was neg. PLEASE HELP! Thank you for your time!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear sara
it appears that you have two problems contributing to your difficulty in falling pregnant. Firstly the presence of endometrioses and secondly your husband’s low sperm count. It will be difficult for me to give you a full directive as to what next to do as I do not have a full assessment of all his other parameters of his sperm analysis. However another concern is that you are 38 years old and natural ability to try and conceive decreases from the age of 35 onwards, so my advice to you is to rather go and see a fertility specialist and start embarking on treatment to help with some assistive reproductive techniques to improve your chances of falling pregnant.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.