Posted by: Silver | 2004/01/14


I have a 42 day cycle.I once did a blood test for ovulation (August last year) and the tests came back negative. My gynae prescribed clomid which I did not take because I wanted to wait for things to happen naturally, I was also afraid of multiple pregnancy. It's been a year and a half since I stopped using the nuristerate. Now I'm thinking of taking clomid, do i have to do another ovulation test first? I'm on day 3 of my periods, when is the best time to take clomid? I would really like to fall pregnant.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I would not suggest that you take the Clomid without seeing your gynaecologist again. It is important to have your cycle monitored.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Light | 2004/01/14

I was also given clomid, which I happily took. I must admit that it was a terrible feeling the first month that I did not ovulate. But the next month I did. The chances of multiple pregnancies are a small percentage, that i didn't worry about it. Clomid is an ovulation stimulant, and not so much a fertlity drug.

How clomid works is that you have to take it from the fifth day of after the first day of your period. And then you go for blood tests around day 21 to check your progesterone levels- this will tell whether you ovulated or not. If you are keen on taking clomid then I suggest you contact your doc. as soon as possible, since your cycle has already started.

Best of luck and i hope that you are blessed with a little one this year.

Reply to Light
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/14

I think it would be best to go back to your doc, let him/her do the test and see what is wrong.

Reply to Norma

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.