Posted by: HeartBroken | 2008/07/30

My Partner lied to me for a whole year. He could see i was hurt and cried allot but still he looked me in my eyes and still lied to me. I went though hell always wondering.I eventually caught him out. He lied about something very serious. He realy hurt me badly. Now its a year later and i am still battling to get over it. The trust is broken and not sure if it will be fixed. Now i dont trust him and i dont believe him. I am always thinking that he is lieying to me. I know for a fact that he lies to me about stupid small things. Why do people lie ? How do you get trust back? Will this ever blow over. Like i said it a year later and i still cry about it.

OK, so apparently he was skilled at lying, and felt no scruples to prevent him from doing it, even to someone who loved him. You chose the wrong guy. Why continue to care about someone like that ? Why not love on to find more trustworthy people ? He would have to earn your trust, not simply to expect tou to develop amnesia about it. If you want to stay together, see a relationship counsellor together, and work on this seriously, as a couple