Question
Posted by: donno | 2007/04/04

trust???

I am 53 years old, and married for 30 years. Some time ago an old boyfriend from 33 years ago contacted me again and according to him I was the love of his life ans that we made abig mistake all that years ago to braek up. We e-mailed for some time , never saw each other because he lives abroad. My husband nkew about it , he did not like it and I stopped completely. Now my problem: However I never made contact with him again and never will my husband cannot forget it and keep refering to it. How can I get my husband, whom I love dearly , to trust me again? What must I do , I did not ask for something like that to happen.

Maybe ( or maybe not ) you made a mistake 33 years ago, but it can't be put right now --- neither you nor he are who you were 30 years ago, and there are other people, too, who would be hurt. So you got it right in ending this flirtation recently. TO work towsrds you and your husband forgetting it and moving on, see a marriage counsellor, eg through FAMSA

1
Posted by: pam | 2007/04/04

you made your bed lie in it - trust is given unconditionally and unfortunately it can never be earnt back well definately not unconditionally like it was given. you should of realised what you had before some x made you think twice and you started emailing him, if you were bored you should of found something more exciting to do with your husband not an x. sorry cant be more understanding but so often people say they made a mistake but roles reversed do you think you would be able to trust your hubby again???

Reply to pam