Posted by: Garf | 2007/07/24

Trouble with neighbours

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who does not have access to the Net.
She + her husband is struggling with their neigbour who is having regular parties that last almost the whole night - up till 3 the next morning. When the police arrive (they think there's a tip off) the music volume has decreased considerably, but 20 min or so after the SAPS leave, it's back on super volume.

They have laid various complaints at the police, but nothing really happens - some due to the strikes. It's being going on since last year already.

At this stage my friend is getting Panic Attacks due to this situation of no (very little) sleep as well as the recent passing away of her dad.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this matter.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

As far as I know there is relevant law and also usually council regulations, and the police would need to be called mor early, before the tip-off. And when the police come, tell them about this patterns and ask them to return 20 or 30 minutes later. As Mincky says, get other neighbours to support the complaints. And the councellor AND the papers.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Garf | 2007/07/26

To Garfiled

Please think again before you move just because of neighbours - some people are very spitefull and others wants all the attention for themselves.

I personally is also more housebound in winter - I like'd been a good bear with the hybernation thing.

Reply to Garf
Posted by: Garfiled | 2007/07/25

I am also depressed my neighobours don't talk to me since I extended my house and when I greet they keep quite I even think of selling my house cos I can't stand their look at me, worse they are very older than me and how can I cope when people surrounding you are ugly at you.

Reply to Garfiled
Posted by: Lin | 2007/07/24

I agree with Mincky. Also phone your local newspaper and get them involved. They can find out why the police arent doing anything. Shame man, hope she gets this sorted soon!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Mincky | 2007/07/24

I also have problems with my neighbour - not of the same magnitude though as your friend. Rally the support of the other people in the surrounding area. Get witnessess i suppose and what i would do is to get the contact details of the local councillor in the area, tell him of what is happening and on those occassions get him to come out and see first hand what is happening.

Reply to Mincky

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.