Question
Posted by: Junior Z | 2002/12/12

Trouble gaining weight for muscle mass increase

hi there! i just wanted to know how to gain weight to increase my muscle mass. I am 18 years old, 6ft tall and about 60kgs. Firstly, i have a rellatively fast metabolism and secondly, im a vegetarian. I am always told that i am thin and ive tried shakes and diets to bulk up, but so far nothing has worked. Please can you help me! Thank you!

Dear Junior Z
At present your BMI = 18,5 which is low, but at least in the normal range. Because it is just as difficult to gain weight, as to lose it, if not more so, I have written a series of articles on the subject. Click on Diet and then on 'Old Diet & Food articles' at the bottom left and you will find 'To gain weight I & II', which should give you the info you require.