Question
Posted by: Linda | 2005/01/13

Troubed teenage child

I got 16 yr old girl who does not want to listen does everthing she like does not want to go to school I've tried evertyhing sending her to the boarding school speaking to her everything I try does not work with her.Beggining of the year she said she want to go to school but three months down the line she left school.She goes out with older man than her even my next doors who she was a kid infront of them. Now there is AIDS she now about it but I don't think if she ever thinks of it and ever think of her life. Know I'm confuss don't know what to do anymore

Sounds like a fairly typical 16-year-old. Pity our nextdoor man is behaving so badly --- he IS old enough to know better. Would she listen to anyone else ( some other relative, perhaps ) ? WOuld she consider agreeing to see a counsellor ? Sometimes such kids need to burn their fingers and discover that mom was right about fire --- thopugh I recognize that in the age of AIDS, they don't recognize that those first burned fingers could provide a death sentence.