Question
Posted by: Question | 2007/03/09

trigger shot

I need some information rather urgently regarding this subject.As i have never gone for a trigger shot before.Firstly i believe i am supposed to see my FS on CD 11;12 Or 13? is this correct, does it make any difference if i usually ovulate on CD 20 of my cycle?, and can i take something or do something in the mean time to increase my chances?And lastly how does it all work? I know this may sound stupid but your input will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Question

It is important to have yourself monitored from day 11 of yor cycle onwards. The fertility specialist will determine the size of the follicle and do repeated ultra-sound scans to evaluate the progress of such follicles. When the follicle reaches maturity size the trigger shot is then administered to induce ovulation 36 hrs later.