Question
Posted by: GATVOL | 2004/10/22

TRIED ALL DIETS

I am trying to fall pregnant for 8 years. My dr. put me on a hormone naizel spray. I gian 15kg in 3 months after that I went all the diets eg high protein dieet / shakes / pills you name it... I lost weight and that when I start to eat healthy again I gain all the kg's back. The homeopath told me that I have a underactive thoriod and I have more male hormones. Can you please give me more advise about L-Trysine (not 100% sure of the name it is made by The green range) and Struma. What is the best and healthest way to lose weight and keep it off. Is it better to have 3 meals or 3 meals and a fruit inbetween for snacks. Thanks for your assistance.

Dear Gatvol
I recall answering your question the other day - you need to go back down the list to see answers to your questions, but here is my answer again. The reason why you are struggling is a) due to the underactive thyroid and I agree that you need to take Eltroxin which is a thyroid hormone replacement - I can't comment about the Struma as this is probably a homeopathic product b) you need to use a well-balanced diet to lose your weight not all these dangerous fad diets and pills and potions. By now you have probably disrupted your metabolism with all this dieting and all these products and are caught in the yo-yo dieting cycle which makes it more and more difficult to lose weight.
To lose weight need to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.
I sincerely hope that you fall pregnant.

1
Posted by: Sarah | 2004/10/22

Dear gatvol

If I can give you some advice, try weigh-less, it does work. My sister in law couldn't get pregnant, so she went on the weigh-less eating program. She lost 11 kg in about 2 months. Not long after that she was 7 weeks pregnant.While pregnant she stayed on the special eating plan for pregnant woman and gained only a few kilo's, but after birth lost it all again.
I'm also on weigh-less, I lost my 18.2 kg 3years ago. It's so easy to follow, and you can still have break-outs (popcorn etc) They just teach you how.

Reply to Sarah