Question
Posted by: PIll | 2003/12/09

Tricilest vs Melodene

What is the diff and which one is better.
Also when should I check whether a cyst has dissapear This one was very painful, but I do not have pain any more

Melodene has a lower dose of oestrogen and is monophasic (all the active pills contain the same amount of hormone). Tricilest is triphasic (different doses of hormone each week) which is supposed to mimic the natural cycle more closely. One is not better than the other. Some pills suit some people and other pills suit others. You could try either of them and only change if you have side effects.
If you had a cyst of a significant size, you should check in 3 months if it is still there.

2
Posted by: deidre | 2013/09/02

my daughter is on tricelest for her skin and had no side effects, but since this month, we cant seem to find it anywhere. was it taken of the market?

Reply to deidre
Posted by: Delene | 2003/12/10

Hi PIll

I was on Melodene for 6 years without any side effects (no weight gain, mood swings etc.) Good luck!

Reply to Delene