Question
Posted by: Lelo | 2008/07/14

TRICHAZOLE

I visited my Gynae and he performed a routine checkup on me. He discovered that I had an infection and was put on “trichazole”.
We recently found out that I’m almost 6 weeks pregnant and that “trichazole” should be avoided especially in the first trimester.
This means that I was taking “trichazole” during my first trimester , Should this worry me?
Awaiting your soonest response

Safety in pregnancy is not proven as there have not been enough studies in humans to assess this. On the other hand, there has not been an increased documentation of abnormalities with Trichazole. This does leave you with some uncertainty. I would suggest a detailed scan at 20 weeks.