Question
Posted by: susan | 2006/07/17

TRI-SEQUENCE

I have been diagnosed with osteophoresis 8 years ago as well as pre-menopausal. Gynae prescribed tri-sequence as well as calcium treatment. I do go for regular yearly checkups. Is this hormone replacement dangerous to use for more than 5 years and what can the side effects/consequinces be for using tri-sequence for such a long period of time?

There is a small increase in the risk of breast cancer with long term HRT use. This is counterbalanced by the protection against osteoporosis and colon cancer.