Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2007/07/26

Trepiline & Nuzak taken together

My husband suffers from depression. He has being prescribed Nuzak & Trepiline. I would like to know what harmful effects these two drugs can have when taken together.

I can't understand ANY good reason for him to be prescribed BOTH of these drugs at the same time --- that's like putting sugar and sweetener in your coffee ; it's pointless. I know o no possible benefit that would come from combining these drugs. Either can be really effective, if used in the right dose. Nuzak generally has less side-effects, Trepiline is a really old Antidepressant and often has worse side-effects. Maybe a second opinion, and from a good specialist psychiarist, would be a good idea

1
Posted by: Linda | 2007/12/01

Thanks for taking my question. 15 Yrs ago I was standing (it was a very minor stressful occasion) & my legs began shaking until they collapsed under me. I was fully conscious the whole time. I have been told by a neurologist that there is nothing physically wrong with me but to this date I am unable to stand for any length of time without my legs shaking. I lean against anything I can find & am beginning to feel it is a catch 22 situation as I am slowly cutting out things (hanging washing, standing in any queues, -|- tail parties) so that it doesn't happen. I have tried acupuncture - they could hardly get the needles in as my back muscles are in such spasm, reflexology, back massage, health shop (suggested circulation & nerve repair meds & recently 5HTP), chiropractor, etc. Tried it all. And after 15 yrs am getting v frustrated. I have always been a bit of a nervy person as I shout the loudest in thunder storms, blink before a hammer hits a nail, etc. I am soon to travel overseas on my own & want to be able to stand in the queue to board. Can you give any suggestions. I am NOT a neurotic person & always pride myself that I do have everything together & friends say I am always calm & collected. Please help.

Reply to Linda