Question
Posted by: Linda | 2007/03/12

Trepilene and Duromine - interaction?

I am currently taking Duromine, the appetite suppressant. I have been suffering from neck spasms, and somebody recommended using trepilene. I know that Duromine interacts MAOI and SSRI type anti-depressants, but what about Trepilene? I can't find information as to what class of anti-depressant it belongs to. Also, as it such a low dosage (10 mg), will there be a negative interaction with Duromine?

thank you for your help.

Linda

Dear Linda
I would not take Trepiline with Duromine - it is an older tricyclic type antidepressant. Rather go to the physiotherapist, or use heat or massage, or anti-inflammatory medication like Voltaren.