Question
Posted by: Anti Meds | 2008/07/15

Trepeline

Hi again CS.

I would like to know if Trepeline (sp) is addictave? My daughter needs to take it together with Topomax to help her cope with migraines. Is it a tranquilizer?

Thank you.

Kay's right. Trepiline is originally an antidepressant, though it has a numer of other uses. It's not a tranquillizer, but is rather sedating and NOT addictive, so could be an advantage over ordinary tranquillizers in that way. It might help tension headaches, more than migraine, but could till be effective.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/17

Ia have been on prozac and trepeline for 2 and a half years now. I want to try to have another baby but I don' t think I will cope without my antidepressant. Are they safe in pregnancy?

Posted by: Anti Meds | 2008/07/16

Kay thanks for your imput. Good to hear that the meds helped you. And I did not make myself clear - he is treating her for migraine and tension headaches. I am hoping the meds will help her as she is really suffering and has been for a long time.

Reply to Anti Meds
Posted by: pk | 2008/07/15

Im a pharmacist and just want to give my opinion that we have a few People that is addicted to Trepiline...

Reply to pk
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/07/15

Hi AntiMeds :)
I've taken both Trepeline and Topamax for migraines and tension headaches, in the past. Trepeline is actually an anti-depressant, not a tranquiliser and my prescribing doctor said it was frequently used in smaller doses for headache management. It didn't work for my migraine attacks themselves (the Topamax would likely do that), but reduced my tension headaches very impressively. My daughter was also on it, for her migraines/headaches and it helped her too. Neither of us got addicted.
Just to share my experience...
Kay

Reply to Kay in Gtown