Posted by: morne | 2007/04/30

tremor in right arm

Hey Doc

I'm 33 and have been a massage therapist since 2000. Around 2002 i developed a slight tremor in my right arm wich is especially bad when i write. sometimes i need to stabalise my right hand with the left in order to write. also suffered from a trapped nerve (ulna) in right arm. it has gotten somewhat worse over the years and does not seem to be getting any better. Is this tremor purely from constant pressure during massage eg. repetitive strain or could the nerve still be trapped after all this time. I know that massage therapists often suffer with tendinitis, carpel tunnels and muscle injuries.
what is the best course of action to diagnose and treat without going to 10 different doctors.
could you perhaps suggest an alternative treatment wich would accupuncture?

many thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Morne
I think you should see a neurologist - they need to just do some nerve conduction tests to see whether the problem lies in the arm or in the brain.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: K | 2007/05/01

You may want to look into Occupational Therapy for this

Reply to K

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.