Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/06/01

Tremor

Hello CyberDoc,
Just want to ask something. When I saw the neurologist she mentioned that I have a small tremor. (I had to move my finger from my nose to her hand and battled to do it). I did not really think much of it, since she did not say anything about it (apart from that I have a small tremor). Tonight however it got so much worse. I battled to get food from my plate to my mouth without dropping it, cause I cant keep my hand still while doing it. Is this serious? Could my electrolite/calcium problems cause this? Thanks very much! Ruby

Dear Ruby

Your electrolite/calcium problems can not cause your tremor. The reason for your tremor can be idiopathic (no reason at all) or it can be genetic. If you are concerned, I recommend that you ask your neurologist if this is something to worry about.

Kind regards