Posted by: lady | 2007/04/13

treatment or try natural still?

Hi Doc

I have been diagnosed with PCOS last year September. I have been following a diet with dietician to bring down insulin. Last year October I had a laparoscopy and they found stage 2 endometriosis and nothing else physically wrong. My blood profile is normal except for the LH :FSH ratio being 2 to 1. Testosterone was just below border line, not abnormal yet. Howver I have been having 12 day periods since August last year. I was on depo provera for quite some time to control endometriosis I also previously had. I have been off depo for 1 year and 7 months. 1. Any suggestions why I have these 12 day cycles(hormonal?)?2. And can I continue trying to become pregnant naturally for say the next year or should I follow treatment? (I have tried after the laparoscopy one month Clomid - didn't work made cysts - tried Gonal F one month - but still had bleeding on day 12 even though the follicle was 18mm according to scan - I did not ovulate) Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Lady

It is clear that the problem is more complex than simply that of PCOS or endometriosis by itself. Part of the dysfunctional bleeding might be related to the use of depo provera but I suspect that there may well be other hormonal imbalances, which need to be monitored and managed appropriately. In this instance I would recommend a well recognised stimulation protocol to induce follicle growth and ovulation specifically with prior regulation of the cycle. In such cases the use of an oral contraceptive for between one to two months prior to onset of the stimulation protocol would be of great benefit.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/16

I would see a fertility specialist, please dont waste your time with going to a gynae and rather go sooner than later. Good luck!

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.