Question
Posted by: tanya | 2004/10/18

treatment for hemorrhoids

Is there an over the counter treatment for hemorrhoids?

Expert ImagePharmacist

T,

You can try anugesic (contains a local anaesthetic), anusol or even preparation H. It's also recommended to drink plenty of fluids, follow a high fibre diet an exercise daily.

1
Posted by: doll | 2004/10/26

My husband has been to the doctor this morning regarding hemorrhoids, and he gave him an ointment i.e Proctosedyl. This is a schedule 4 ointment, but according to the doctor this helps and your hemorrhoids goes away. He tried anusol and preparation H, but it did not work. I will let you know how it goes as he is suffering a lot at the moment.
Doll

Reply to doll