Question
Posted by: DESPERATE | 2007/08/16

TREATMENT

Hi, i been trying to fall pregnant for past 4 years. Have done all tests, all ok. pls advise what different fertility treatment is available & what are their costs. i live in jhb, westrand, can u refer me to some-one?

Dear Desperate

IVF would be a suitable option having waited 4 years and no obvious problem detected. The possibility of fertilisation failure is a serious consideration and can be best tested in a laboratory environment. I suggest you visit the www.bioartfertility.co.za website for more information.

4
Posted by: Know what it feels like! | 2007/08/20

Hi Deperate, it's like Pam said Staminogro, he used 2 bottles and then i fell pregnant. First try this for 3 months then go IVF route as last plan

Reply to Know what it feels like!
Posted by: Pam1 | 2007/08/17

Staminogro, take for approx 3 months. Lots of Zinc and L-argine and cartine seemed to work.

Reply to Pam1
Posted by: gt | 2007/08/16

what tablets were given to your hubby to boost him? coz my hubby has same prob

Reply to gt
Posted by: Know what it feels like! | 2007/08/16

Hi Desperate

I know exactly how you feel. My husband and i tried to fall pregnant even before we were married, and after we got married, so also for 4 years we had no result. What did your gynea say, did he refer you any place. I'm went to a fertility clinic in my area and they had all the info. I went through all the test, and i was fine, then the doctor said we must test my husband's sperm, and he was the problem. He had poor quality sperm, it wasn't mobile enough to make me pregnant. So they suggested IVF (Invertro fertilization), it is very expensive, and depends on your age. So the younger the cheaper, but not that cheap, i paid R25 000 and that is the strating rate. Everything went well, the treatment aswell as 2 eggs was graded perfect. I fell pregnant, but had a miscarriage at 2 months. My husband and i was devasted. They then put my husband on on tablets to boost his sperm and told us to go on a healthy diet and excercise. We did that and without any help i fell pregnant in February, i'm now 6 1/2 months pregnant, and the same thing happened to my friend, but everybody is different, so go to a fertility clinic, check on the internet, they give good advice. Tell me, did your husband go a a semen analysis?

Reply to Know what it feels like!