Question
Posted by: little lady | 2008/05/21

treating stitches

hello
i had a very bad fall & had to have stiches just under my left eye. the docter did give me painkillers but no oitment to treat it. he did advise me to leave the steri strip on until the stiches are removed. do you agree with this or do you think i should have it open to dry quicker? pls recommend a cream i can use? also pls recommend something that will minimise scarring.

thank you kindly for your response. it is much appreciated.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Best would be to follow your doctor's advice - You can use an ointment/cream such as bactroban to prevent infection while waiting for improvent. Mederma cream will help to minimise scarring after healing