Posted by: Ayeeee | 2004/11/15

Treating eating disorders

Dear Doc

I am suffering from Bulimia and Compulsive eating disorder. I think its beyond control now. I've been to a shrink but its still hard to control my eating. I think I need residential treatment. Have any idea of such. I live in Cape Town but I'm prepared to go anywhere to end this. Its affecting my social life now.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Ayeee
You have at least reached the point where you realise that you need help ASAP and this is a good thing. I agree that a team approach involving a psychologist, dietitian and behaviour therapist is called for. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 who have an Eating Disorder Unit.
Holding thumbs for your speedy recovery from this dreaded illness.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.