Question
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/05

Treating depression with sulpiride

Hi.. I have been diagnosed with depression. I come from South Africa and i used to be on Sulpiride (Espiride/ Eglonyl). I now live in Australia and have tried a number of different medications that just dont work for me... Apparently Sulpiride is not available here. Any ideas on how i can get it?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Kate,

I'm not familiar with the medicines available in Australia and wont be able to suggest an alternative. Speak to your doctor and ask for something similar to Sulpiride. Also find out about importing medicine - With a valid prescription a family member may be able to bring you a few months' supply at a time