Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/03/08

Treadmill or health walker ?

Hi, I am 32 years, 1.5m and weigh 96kg

I desperately need to lose weight and have started an exercise program and started following the weigh less eating plan. Since January I have lost 10kg and still need to lose a further 30kg.

I am a single mom, work and am studying so I don’t have much time. I have purchased a treadmill which I have at the office and a health walker which is at home. Please can you tell me how long I need to work out on each in order to lose weight and firm up?

Thank You

Hi Nikki

There is no one size fits all answer to this or a time that WILL help you lose weight, and so this is unfortunately a question that I can't answer accurately. There are too many factors affecting it to be able to say for sure that a certain period would work, and so all I can do is make general recommendations.

Generally speaking though, the volume and the frequency of training need to be 5 days a week, for between 30 and 45 minutes per session. The missing ingredient, often, is intensity. It's difficult to measure intensity but many people make the mistake of either going too hard, or too easy. Too hard leads to injury, too easy leads to slow progress. So you have to find a balance. Generally, 45 minutes of exercise that leaves you feeling tired by not exhausted is good. that's what you aim for.

And then finally, the big thing that affects the result is your diet, and if you are not eating well, then all the training in the world will not do much for you. So my advice is that you make really sure that your eating plan is ideal, because a general plan is not necessarily going to be best for you. Good luck

1
Posted by: Bahle Bahle | 2007/03/08

About treadmill.

Reply to Bahle Bahle