Question
Posted by: VAL | 2005/01/11

TRAVELLING DURING PREGNANCY

I am 25 weeks pregnan. Is it safe to travel (by vehicle) beyond 100km at any given time from now until delivery.

I am already experiencing cramping and abdominal pains, but would still like to travel for both work and private purposes. I hate being restricted, but ofcourse do not want to put my baby and/ or myself in danger.

Please advise.

The travel itself is not a problem, but you may be out of reach of medical attention if you are out of town.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/01/11

Travelling is fine if it is not on a bumpy dirt road.
Further than 100km, stop often and walk around the vehicle a couple of times.
I was a passenger when we went on holiday last year being 16 weeks and on return 19 weeks pregnant. We drove 1000km. Everything was fine

Reply to Kippie