Question
Posted by: Bonnie | 2005/06/13

Travel

I have a dog who should go to Swaziland on the 1st of July. It will stay permanently in Swaziland. I have been trying to establish what is needed to get her across the border. Please let me know if my understanding is correct:

I have to take her to a private vet to get a health certificate. Then I have to take the certificate to the state vet to sign it. This should be within 10 days of her date of departure. Her rabies shot should be 30 days old by the time when she travels.

Many thanks

These details should be checked with the state veterinarian. The state veterinarian controls and regulates these requirements, and they are different for different countries. It is essential that you get the current and correct details from the state veterinarian.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town