Question
Posted by: Melly | 2004/02/27

Traumatic behaviour?

I have a Siamese cat, 5years old. She has been hurt by a child of 1 year. (The usual pull and grab, but she actually cried out) I removed her from the child and consoled her. The next day she made a poo on my bed for the first time ever. Could this be related to the trauma or is something else wrong with her?

Hi Melly
Yes, the poo on your bed could easily be related to the incident as cats can be very sensitive to stressful incidents. She probably assoiates you with the incident as you removed her, but she'll get over it in time. Don't punish her for any unusual behaviour, just ignore it, clean it up when she's not around and the situation should return to normal, providing no children visit! Another possibility is that she is still sore and is trying to give you this message, but this is unlikely. If you think this is so then visit your vet. You could also give her a mild calmative like Rescue Remedy for a couple of days (one or two drops in a t-spoon of water 2X daily).
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

1
Posted by: Siamese Lover | 2004/02/27

Hi Melly,

According to personal experience, yes very much so ...
it seems to be a traumatic reaction from the animal. She will
require a lot of TLC ... What was the consistancy of the poo ?
Normal poo or a watery mess ? If it was the latter, you might have to take her to the vet for a check up.

Reply to Siamese Lover