Posted by: searching | 2008/06/03

Trauma Counseling

Dear Cybershrink,

I was recently involved in a hiacking and would like to find a counselor, can you assit/


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sorry, there's no way I could gain enough knowledge of all the counsellors in SA so as to be able to make a useful recommentation ( more so as you don't mention where you are !) But you are wise to recognize your need for counselling --- as others have said, do call FAMSA who can recommend some counsellors in your area, maybe identifying some with more experience in helping victims of trauma

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: WILLI | 2008/06/03

Hi there

I too was involved in a hijacking and I went to FAMSA
011 788 4784 082 231 0370 they are in Parkwood JHB no 1 Cardigan Road, if you are not in the area I am sure they can give you a contact no close to where you are.

Good luck

Reply to WILLI
Posted by: Lin | 2008/06/03

Call FAMSA at (011) 975 7107. This is their national office telephone number. They will give you the number for the branch closest to you.
They do family AND individual counselling (as well as grief, divorce,ect)

Hope this helps

Reply to Lin

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.