Question
Posted by: Lindsay | 2004/01/19

Trauma Councelling - JHB

Hi!

My husband and I were in an attempted mugging and I was stabbed on New Years. I would like to find out where we can go to see a trauma councilor in Johannesburg. We live in Weltevreden Park.

Thank You!

Dear Lindsay,
Sorry to hear of your nasty experience ; I hope you will soon be able to put it behind you and continue, stronger than before.
As I keep explaining, we don't recommend specific therapists here on this site, because, among other excellent reasons, it would be impossible for anyone to keep track of all the shrinks in SA, their addresses, contact details, qualifications, interests, skills, etc.
I'm sure you're wise to decide to see a counsellor, and I don't think you need a specialized "trauma counsellor", but any clinical psychologist or counsellor in your area should be able to help equally well. There is no formal training course in SA for trauma counsellors, and general counselling skills generally work excellently.