Question
Posted by: Retha | 2005/11/24

Transplanting cloned organs

I would like to know what the South African official position is on the cloning of organs. Do we have the know-how / facilities to clone and transplant cloned organs? It would obviously alleviate the shortage of donor organs, as well as eliminate the need for taking drugs to prevent rejection of the transplanted organ. A chance of a new life for somebody on serious dialysis, for instance.

Retha, I have no idea what the “official position” is, but as far as I know we don’t have the ability to clone and transplant organs. Good luck.