Posted by: Roxy | 2006/07/19

Transgender women

What type of female hormones are the most beneficial to help me transform from M2F.
Can you suggest any MD's in the Dbn area that aresympathetic to this cause and might be willilng to assist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Hi Roxy,

Sorry for the delay in answering you!

Lately I found that most GP's are very symphathic or "trans-friendly" I tested it out now a few times here in Cape Town, and it is almost a case of... when I ask them if they are willing to see a TS "patient" if they really expected me to ask them something with much more complications.

As to which hormones to use, I can not really say that, firstly you need to see a doctor, and even if I was a doctor, I can not just prescribe or diagnose on-line.

I will really reccommend you to visit a doctor, even your own GP or a Endo. You can always refer them to the website of Gender DynamiX, as at the resources section is a huge amount of weblinks wrt hormones, procedures and all relevant information.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tina | 2006/09/12

Hello Monique

Thank you very much for the info and welcome to this site.

Hope to "see" more of you around here


Reply to Tina
Posted by: Monique | 2006/09/11

I remembet a Prof Craigton in Durban and the many accademic Profs at the department Plastic's and Gynea at Grotte Schuur in Cape Town.
Some years ago there were an argument umongst them to identify TS as a Plastic selution or a Gynea. At the end of the day it was a colaboration of three Departments, nl Plastics, Gynea and urology.

Ihope some one can find this usefull.
Myself had the opp, (M/F) 25 years ago at the age of 18 and never look back with any regrets. It may not be the selution for all but at the end of the day if your sure that is what you want, it is deffenet the answer.

Love you all and thank you for this site. hope to hear from the rest of you.

Reply to Monique
Posted by: Tina | 2006/08/09


Have a look at the following website and make contact with this Organisation in Durban who may be able to assist you with the info and services you are looking for.

The Durban Lesbian & Gay Community & Health Centre (a project of the KZN Coalition for Gay & Lesbian Equality) offers a safe and secure space for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communitites of Durban and KwaZulu-Natal.

The site address is www(dot)gaycentre(dot)org(dot)za

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Jenny J | 2006/07/21

Liesl was in JHB for a meeting and Im sure she will get back to you shortly.

Reply to Jenny J
Posted by: Tammy | 2006/07/21

Hi Roxy,

I'll get someone to answer your question ASAP. Sorry it's taken so long ....



Reply to Tammy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.