Posted by: diane | 2004/01/15


my doctor has given me theses tablets to take to help with the flow of my periods .but im not sure how to take them it say's to take two twice aday , but i not sure if i just take them while haveing a period or just continue until i run .

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You take them only during your period.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: diane | 2004/01/16

Thank you

Reply to diane
Posted by: HEALTHCARE | 2004/01/16

Hi Diane
Tranexamic acid (Trade name =Cyklokapron) is prescribed to reduce or stop excessive blood flow.
Take it at least for 3 consecutive days to control the bleeding. Thereafter, take (if required only) at next period. It is not a preventative tablet. Since it can nausea, be certain to take it after a meal.

Good Luck


Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.