Question
Posted by: diane | 2004/01/15

TRANEXAMIC ACID

my doctor has given me theses tablets to take to help with the flow of my periods .but im not sure how to take them it say's to take two twice aday , but i not sure if i just take them while haveing a period or just continue until i run .

You take them only during your period.

2
Posted by: diane | 2004/01/16

Reply to diane
Posted by: HEALTHCARE | 2004/01/16

Hi Diane
Tranexamic acid (Trade name =Cyklokapron) is prescribed to reduce or stop excessive blood flow.
Take it at least for 3 consecutive days to control the bleeding. Thereafter, take (if required only) at next period. It is not a preventative tablet. Since it can nausea, be certain to take it after a meal.

Good Luck

Reply to HEALTHCARE