Question
Posted by: LIzzie | 2005/11/21

Trampolien

Ek wil graag oefening doen met 'n trampolien. Watter spiere oefen en op die trampolie, sal ek spiere bou en "tone". Is daar 'n spesifieke manier van die trampolien gebruik wat oefening meer effektief sal maak?

Hi Lizzie

Trampolining is not a very well studied form of exercise so I can't really say how it compares to running or cycling or aerobics or any other cardio exercise. I must confess that I am not convinced that trampolining alone will offer a very effective form of cardio training to become fit. I believe that the intensity that you get from trampolining is very difficult to raise to the sorts of levels you could easily to in running, cycling etc. and for that reason, I don't believe it is as effective a weight loss or fitness tool as these activities. Having said that, I do believe that it could be part of a well balanced exercise routine, because it offers basically no impact and certain exercises that are good for balance, flexibility and to a lesser extent fitness. HOwever, I do think that you should consider making trampolining PART of, rather than the the focus of training.

If you do decide this, then I would suggest that you folow one of the programmes on the following website:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp