Question
Posted by: Cliff | 2003/01/17

Trainng Diet

My weight from age 20 till present (52) was always between 102 - 103 kgs. As I got older my weight remained constant but I lost muscle and gaine fat. I have been working out 4 - 5 times weekly since May 2002. My body has changed dramatically. I have muscular arms and shoulders, lats and upper legs. I can feel the abs but cant see them!! I still have a little fat around my belt area that I cant seem to get rid of. How can i get rid of it. I have cut out bread approx 90% from my diet. I cut out sweetys etc also approx 90%. I am longing t see the 6 pack. Plse give me some advice.

Dear Cliff
As you don't list your height in metres I can't work out if your BMI is normal or not, but I presume you are not basically overweight. I am thrilled to read that you have made such a dramatic change to your appearance - well done! It is of course a myth that eating carbs will make you fat - read my reply to 'Argus' on 16 Jan and take note of my comment about the top cyclists. If you still have some residual fat on your tum and are not overweight, then you need to give your body a chance. You have been so 'good' about the exercise for 8 months - persevere for a bit longer and I am sure you will shift that last bit of fat. Rome was not built in a day either. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and read some of the articles to give you moral support.

1
Posted by: Ma'at | 2003/01/17

You don't say what your bodyfat% is. It needs to be below 10% to see your abs. Not easy at your age ! (said with respect - you seem to have got great results). Your metabolism is slowing down and you need to increase it and reduce carbs. 6 smallish meals per day, high protein (200g per day - you have to use a quality supplement, there is no other way), low complex carb, 2.5l water, fatburners like Hydroxycut. No wheat or dairy, clearly no fat or sodium. No fruit after 5pm, no carbs after 7pm, quality pure protein shake before sleeping. ABSolute dedication! You can do it.

Reply to Ma'at