Question
Posted by: john | 2008/05/21

training programme

I need some advice on my training programme. I train each group once a day. i mostly try to do each twice a week but sometimes skip a day.

Shoulders&back: shoulder press machine, lat pull down, pulley, delts machine, upper back machine, low row machine, pull down machine, shoulder shruggs

Chest: barbell chest press, inclined chest machine, inclined dumbbell press, pecotoral machine, chest press machine, dumbbell flies, tricep pulldown, bicep curling machine.

Legs: leg extention, leg curling, standing calf raises, calf raises on leg press machine, leg press on machine, outer and inner abducter.

I do 3 sets of each. my question is how can i improve my results by altering the above. replacing one with another etc.

thanks

Hi John

I'm not sure I follow fully - you train each group once a day, but then do each twice a week, which doesn't add up fully. I assume you mean that you do one group per day, and then do each day twice a week?

in any event, it seems sound to me. The key is not so much what you do (though this is important), but how you do it - that is, weights, rest, reps, sets. So before you start tinkering with the actual ingredients, look at how you're putting them together. You might for example wish to get a day in there for arms, and split that current chest day into two. Then you would do arms and shoulders one day, chest and legs the next, and that way, if you train 6 times a week, you do three of each. But look at the size of the weight you're using, and make sure that you are lifting heavy enough to produce results (assuming that you're after muscle bulk).