Question
Posted by: dundun | 2004/11/30

Training and Preggies

Firstly, thanks Rene, for your helpful and encouraging words. I will test again in about a weeks time. I hope that I am, but if not, I will continue trying.

I am a healthy person, who enjoys gym. I was wondering, can I continue to do my routine and carry on like normal, or should I slow down now that I am trying to fall preggies???

I feel as though by me doing gym, I am taking my mind off falling preggies, it helps. I am just worried, that should I be preggies, I have done so damage because of me training.

Help please.

Dundun

You can carry on with your gym routine, but will need to slow down when you are pregnant.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2004/12/01

with aerobic tyipe of excercise you should keep your heart rate under 140bpm when pregnant.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: dundun | 2004/12/01

Thanks Chick

I am busy doing Tae Bo, and other workout's similiar to that, I am hoping it will be ok for me. I will slow down once pregnant, I would not want to damage myself or baby at all.

Good luck, I am holding thumbs for you.

Reply to dundun
Posted by: Chick | 2004/12/01

Dont panic because i found out i was pregnant when i was five months pregnant simply reason been is because i do weight training and my tummy was completely flat - obviously when i found out i slowed down - you can continue to train but no cardio and very light weights - and obvioulsy you cant do things like leg press etc anything where you put strain on your tummy else your placenta will pull away. I am also trying to fall pregnant and the moment (ovulating this week - so holding thumbs) but have not changed my routine at all

Reply to Chick
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/30

You can go on with your gym, will keep you fit, and when you fall pregnant you can still go to gym, but you will have to take it slow...... but exersize is very good when pregnant.

Good luck hope it will happen soon...

Reply to Norma