Question
Posted by: John | 2008/05/27

Training advice

I posted the question below. Thanks for getting back.

Wrt question one, best excercise for but, its not for weight loss... its actually to make butt bit bigger lol.

Thanks.

training advice

Posted by: john
Message:

I need some advice wrt my training:

1. What are the best excercises for my butt? (is that glute machine any good; where one feet remain on ground/platform while pushing other one resting on bar down straighting the leg).

2. What excercises are best for calves? (also where/how exactly should i position my feet when doing calf raises on leg press machine; i dont seem to last very long cause the pain/burning in my feet occurs before/worse than i feel it in calves.

3. What are the best excercises for abs except basic crunches on floor and how often should i do it? also, when do you know whether you're abs are there but u just need to lose the thin layer of fat on abs or whether the fat isn't the problem but rather the actual training/building of the abs?

Hi John

I'd say the glute machine is your best bet, and also the hamstring curl machine, and things like cycling and rowing help quite a bit too, so you might also try those. The abduction and adduction machines are also useful, especially abduction - these are the machines where you sit down and then have to a scissors-like move with the legs.