Question
Posted by: Galatico328 | 2004/01/11

Trachea

I was involved in a car accident and my trachea was damaged. I now have a very soft voice and I was wondering if there is any I can do get my voice back to what it was. I hope you can help as it is very frustrating when I can't have a conversation with someone. Thank you.

Galatico328, this is a difficult one to answer without knowing how bad the trachea was damaged. I assume there was damage to your vocal cords and/or the nerves that supplies them and I can’t say whether this damage is reversible. The best would be to see an ear, nose and throat specialist and ask his opinion. Good luck.