Posted by: J | 2009/10/07


While watching a documentary clip on tourettes my wife seems to be convinced i have tourettes.I am a 33 year old man and i have numerous facial and head related tic' s ie my eyes twitch and squint and i have a tendance to roll my head as well as a nose twitch and a constant sniff.For me i feel discomfort in these areas and the twitches are a way of eleviating this. Are these symptoms and if so howand where do i go to getting a proper diagnosis.Is it a difficult process filled with cost and specialists?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo J
A neurologist can diagnose this. The symptoms you describe sound typical of Tourette's syndrome.
A MRI scan may be needed ( but not in all cases ) and this may be expensive - is usually covered by medical aid if requested by a neurologist.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.