Question
Posted by: Who Ever | 2005/07/26

Totally Mad

I arrived home an hour ago, totally mad and humiliated at work. You see, i'm a young woman at the age of 35, well built with stiff good looking boobs and a thin waist and i dress accordingly, because it makes me feel good, for no other reason.
I'm a sales executive for a large company for 9 years already and two months ago we got a new marketing manager from durbs. He is for ever bending over me, touching me, stands so close to me when he talks that i can smell his rotten breath.

Today i had enough and when i drank my tea, he came and sat nect to me and commented on my breasts. I reported it to my general manager who said its me who gives men the idea according to my dress code that they can have a fling with me so guess what ??

I threw my GM with his own cup of rea, went down to the marketing managers office and emtied the water jug on his desk over his head. and left---TO NEVER EVER RETURN.

Who the hell do managers think they are ? Should i report this to the Directors ?

You might well want to discuss this with the directors, but wouldn't it be better to consider making a case, with HR of the company, and maybe elsewhere, for Sexual Harrassment ? And consult a good lawyer. The first creep was obvously acting wrongly ( and if they haven't officially informed you that your way of dressing violates their dress code before now, they mustn't claim it as mitigation now ; and the second creep your boss, commited an offense by refusing to deal with your complaint.
What you did probably didn't help your case, but is what I'd guess a great many people have longed to do !

16
Posted by: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa | 2005/07/26

OOOoo shit, you work for the same Company as me, for this incident is all what was talked about the WHOLE day. I honestly feel that CS gave the correct advice--follow it through.

Just to let you also know that the Marketing Manager received 7 stitches where the glass jug caught him. BUT good for you, i know we are many that dont appreciate the MM, neither the GM.

Reply to Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/26

Hey Nadine - dont go around giving us auditors/accountants a bad name....

Reply to KC
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/26

This is amusing....

Reply to Sunshine
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/26

Pathetic guess as well Director. I work in a nice, fresh, clean office with fresh plants, my radio on and I just love it here. And Im also rather intelligent. As a matter of fact I think Im too clever for my own good sometimes. :-))

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Director | 2005/07/26

Nadine, you certainly would make a miserable profiler. Pathetic guess!

As for you, I suppose you work in a curtain factory sewing endless miles (or kms) of hems, each day and every day.

Reply to Director
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/26

Director, you are probably an auditor/accountant. You definitely an office Johnny.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Director | 2005/07/26

Nadine, a rhetorical question? Or would you REALLY like to know?

Reply to Director
Posted by: Hey | 2005/07/26

You threw out the bait so don't be angry if you don't like the fish who knibbles at it.

Reply to Hey
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/26

Mmmmm (wonder what Director does for a living?)

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Director | 2005/07/26

Yes, report it to the Directors. But don't be surprised when you don't get the result you would like after all the facts to date are considered. You sound like a vain little coquette who assumes she can physically assault others on a whim. I hope they have the balls to do what is necessary - kick your marketing manager's arse out of the company and then promptly kick yours out as well.

As for you, self righteous Joanne E, always dispensing what you consider sage-like advice to others, your comment is just as contemptible as little Ms Who Ever! Puts you in the same desperate "please notice me" category!

Reply to Director
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/26

I hope there was ice in that jug! I have ALWAYS wanted to do something like that.!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/07/26

I agree that you must report it but was it really necessary to react like that? Who will now take you seriously after you did what you did? Keep your side clean. Don't give them amunition to use agaist you.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Red | 2005/07/26

N tell 'em u'll sue 4 sexual harrasment ...

Reply to Red
Posted by: Paul | 2005/07/26

Oh yes you should, not tomorrow, today!

Reply to Paul
Posted by: SG | 2005/07/26

Definately yes

Reply to SG
Posted by: Yes... | 2005/07/26

Of-course you must report it!!!

Reply to Yes...