Question
Posted by: mich | 2005/12/04

total abdominl hysterectomy pain on left side of abdomen

hi doc

i had a hystorectomy on wed the 30th got home yesterday and now pain starting i did not have pain since my op. but started yesterday i was home and walked around alot and its a strong pain as i get up now i cannot walk around as i did yesterday i cant lay on my side only when i lay on my back does the oain subside. should i be worried? it s feels like a stitch and its a burning warm feeling..it worries me that this only sarted yesterday and my op was on wed as i meantioned. i have had bowel movments and i am 46. please advise if i should be concerned. thanks michele

It is still very soon after your operation and some pain and discomfort will be normal. If it is severe, yiou should phone your gyanecologist. You should take things easy and not walk around a lot at this stage.

1
Posted by: mich | 2005/12/05

dear doc thank you for the reply i will rest more , have a good festive season thanks michele

Reply to mich