Question
Posted by: Emma | 2007/04/24

Tossing and turning in bed at night

I have 10 year old male dog (cross between a spaniel and a Maltese). He sleeps in his own bed next to mine. Lately he seems to be “tossing and turning” in his bed at night. He keeps on changing from one sleeping position to another.

He doesn’t seem to be in any pain, nor does he seem stiff in his joints or to have arthritis, because he still jumps up for his ball, and plays and goes for walks regularly (and I give him supplements). I have changed his pillow for another one, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
Is this just part of “getting old”?

Thanks.

Yes it maybe and there are diets formulated for older dogs that help with aging joints and some help with settling at night as well.