Question
Posted by: Sore knee | 2007/02/19

Torn meniscus

Hello. I'm a young active male. I have torn my meniscus about 18 months ago. Got this mechanical clicking sound which is limiting my activities a lot. For example, spinning is causing inflamation. When I rest my knee, it gets better, only until I do vigirous exercise again. Should I go for an operation? Is there specific exercises one can do to better this condition? Thanks in advance!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

If the meniscus is torn - an operation is indicated. Further strenuous activities will only worsen the condition.