Question
Posted by: XXX | 2005/12/05

torn apart

i got out of a three year relationship in July this year. i havent exactly dealt with the pain i think... ive been looking for comfort in other things... another guy, partying, alcohol and drugs. i just feel like i cant go on. saw my ex with another lady the other day and assumed the worst. she is just a friend but knowing that still doesnt make me feel better. i cry all the time and i cant seem to pull myself together. i thought i was over him but im not obviously. i feel lost, alone and torn.... i also suffer from depression and it seems like the alcohol and drugs have stirred it up again. need some inspiration. havent thought about suicide in a while and ive been thinking about it all morning. just need to talk and some advice plzzzzzz.

Of course you can and should go on. But see a shrink fo assessment and discussion of your treatment choices. The drugs and alcohol will worsen any depression --- get the depression properly treated and make a much happier now life for yourself. And call lifeline for a chat and vocal support

5
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/12/06

Haai ou TrippelX. Oor 'n jaar gaan jy lag oor jou gedagtes wat jy nou het. Byt vas jong. Mooi storie van ou Frend hierbo.

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/12/05

Moet asb nie selfmoord eers oorweeg nie, XXX. Dis nie die moeite werd nie.

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/05

Please dont deny yourselfve the beautiful future you can have. I have seen countless young people on the brink in my work, the loose their bfs or gfs, and they declare they will never love agin like they loved ....months later they find a new love greater than all their past loves.....Life is really a journey, there will be uphills until we get to the top, but we will ge there, just keep the end in mind always.....that end is your happiness as you define it for yourselve.

I love you man < i understand you and I care about you because I can see that you are real and have a heart, the world needs real people, stay with us, we need you !

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/05

Hi Torn Apart.

Firstly I understand your suffering. I know what it feels like to wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night holding the pillow as if its your loved one. A seperation is far worse than a death I know because there is no closure.

Secondly you are only a man not superman, we all have weaknessess shit we are only human.

Thirdly, you are at the brink my dear friend, and know one but you really knows the pain and suffering.

I can only tell you a story about a jewish boy of 17 yrs old who was captured and placed in a concentration camp in Austria in 1942. He lost his father, he lost his mother, he lost his sister and he lost his sweetheart all in a period of a few weeks. he was left alone with older people, one after another they commited suicide around him. He suffered beatings daily, but he had hope thats all he had.....he had hope, when they beat him all he could think about was the sun shining outside during summer when he played in the park as a child. He created his own world in his mind and blocked out the darkness. His hope was of finding a greater love than taht that he had lost, he would say that I know I will find greater love than all the love that I have lost. I will love myself firstly and I will be strong for myself so that when I am out of here I will get married to the girl of my dreams live in a beautiful house and have children, I will do it. When there was darkness he dreamed away his future life, constantly in his mind he dreamed of a beautiful life ahead, HE HAD HOPE, HE CREATED HIS OWN HOPE, HE CREATED HIS OWN DESTINY IN HIS MIND.

All we have within us is hope that we will be able to live the life that we dream today. The jewish boy is still alive today and so is his wife, they have 42 grandchildren and 29 great grandchildren. He has been married over 70 years. He retired last year after being CEO of one of the fortune 500 companies. All because what he could not live he dreamed during a time a great despair. this dream of a life of love sustained him until he achieved.

All we really have is hope and hope is what keeps me going everyday. Have hope my friend, you dont have to stop crying, cry if you want to, but have hope, I promise you you will find the love you are looking for.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

Okay, first of all, you hit the nail on the head when you said that the alcohol and drugs have stirred up your depression. They do, and that is proven beyond doubt. So your first step is to get help in that area.

Your next step would be to go for counselling. Suicide is never, ever the answer to anything. What is it going to sove? Nothing. This is going to sound harsh, but everyone else will continue to survive after you have gone. You will only hurt those closest to you and I am sure that that is not what you want to do.

You are not a coward so don't even think of the cowards way out. You are a person with lots to offer this world still

Think about it! Is he really worth it?

Reply to Frusty