Question
Posted by: Robby | 2007/08/13

TOPSY TURVY

Hello Cybershrink.

Here is my problem.

My wife and I came to the City of Gold from durban in March this year. My wife worked for a very reputable company, but the salary was "peanuts". Now she has just resigned from this new company because of some "racist" people. (after 5 months)

I for one had an unstable maintenance business in durban.. AND I WAS HAPPY. Now this whole drama is causing a bit of a strain in my marrige. I love my wife, and I will do anything to please her.

But my problem is that I can't seem to find a job here ( 6 months).

I am living with her sister (very nice person). And it seems like I am falling into depression. I have an anxiety dis-order, which I tend to let it not worry me. But everyday is becoming more and more difficult. I tol dmy wife this morning that either we go back to durban or move out. She wants to stay in JHB. M y parents and hers both live in durban.

I am really stressed right now. I want to start my business here, but I can't do it at my sister-inlaws house. I need my own space.

Now with my wife going to be out of a job, looks like we are screwed.

What do I do? I am so un-happy

Please advise

Robby

Pity that she didn't, before resigning, work with the HR dept at that company, and see to it that it was the racist idiots who left, rather than her. And if you have skills at maintenance, they are greatly needed. Rather than starting your own business at first, why not contact local maintenance firms and first work under someone else's management, to learn more about how to run an effective business and develop useful contacts ?